Advisor Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in joining our network of independent mortgage advisors. We request you to read the following terms and conditions and be clear on what you are agreeing to when you sign up with us.
All these legal terms are governed by the English Law, and are between you and smortgage.co.uk
Please contact us on email@example.com for any questions or feedback.
Smortgage.co.uk is a website owned and run by Ubiquitous Estates Limited. It is a smart and easy online platform to help mortgage applicants find the right advisor and compare the mortgage options available for them.
- The Advisor is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry on regulated activities including providing advice on regulated and non-regulated mortgages in accordance with the terms of its permission.
- Accordingly, by virtue of being an Adviser on behalf of a firm, Directly Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, the Adviser is able lawfully to provide advice on specified mortgage products to mortgage applicants on smortgage.co.uk and will provide advice on regulated and unregulated mortgage contracts.
Payment Terms and Conditions
Smortgage.co.uk has agreed to onboard the Adviser onto the platform and provide access to the applicants seeking mortgage advice on the payment terms and conditions set out below.
- In consideration of smortgage.co.uk introducing potential clients to the Advisor, the Advisor will pay smortgage.co.uk a commission of an agreed share of the gross procuration fee paid by the lender to the advisor, on successful completion of the mortgage application.
- The Advisor agrees to pay smortgage.co.uk the above-mentioned commission within one (1) week of successful completion of the mortgage application.
The Adviser’s Obligations
- The Advisor shall deal with the potential clients in accordance with the Adviser’s responsibilities under the Act, the Financial Conduct Authority Conduct of Business sourcebook and follow all compliance procedures.
- The Advisor shall update the status at each step of the application workflow on smortgage.co.uk.
- The Advisor shall notify smortgage.co.uk through the application workflow on successful completion of the mortgage.
- Where the application is unsuccessful, the Advisor shall notify smortgage.co.uk the reason and the evidence of the outcome.
This agreement may be terminated by either party giving immediate written notice to the other party and shall in any event terminate automatically if either party
- a) becomes bankrupt (in the case of an individual) or insolvent (in the case of a company or partnership); or
- b) is prohibited by any regulator from making or receiving introductions of potential clients.
- c) Any termination shall not affect the rights and obligations of the parties which have accrued prior to the date of termination. Any existing business which has completed prior to termination will be paid.
In regards to the mortgage transaction, the Adviser and smortgage.co.uk agree that Bribery, as defined under the Bribery Act 2010, is prohibited. It is therefore agreed that neither party will request, accept, offer or provide any payment or other advantage, to / from any person, which is, in the absence of documentation to demonstrate otherwise, can be perceived as capable of influencing any person connected with the activities of either party to act improperly in contravention of the Bribery Act 2010. It is also agreed that neither party will offer or provide payments or any other advantage to a government official or worker, in any country, with the intention to influence such official or worker in their capacity as such, and to obtain or retain business advantage.
Changes to the terms and conditions
Smortgage.co.uk reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions at any time.